RAISING UP AN APPRENTICE
HOW DO I SELECT AN APPRENTICE?
By observing. What an individual puts into his/her personal recovery is an indication of the kind of leader he/she will be.
1. Does this person regularly attend General Meeting Night?
2. Does this person regularly attend Open Share Group?
3. Does this person regularly attend Step Study Group?
4. Has this person completed their 5th Step?
5. Does this person have a Sponsor & Accountability Partners?
6. Does this person attend Fellowship Events?
7. Does this person currently serve with Celebrate Recovery?
8. Does this person attend weekend Church Service; is he/she a member of your Church
9. Does this person have at least 9 + months of sobriety/recovery?
10. Does this person follow and appreciate the 5 Small Group Guidelines
HOW DO I UTLIZE AN APPRENTICE?
Once you have identified an apprentice, keep the tasks' light; CR participants must focus on his/her personal recovery first. By the time you have selected an apprentice your co-leader should have already been given opportunities to lead the group and may then relinquish some of the lighter responsibilities. These items may now be carried out by an apprentice.
1. Maintain your small group phone list
2. Maintain the "chip" box (for open share group)
3. Maintain the prayer cards
4. Ask him/her to pray for you and your co-leader
5. Ask him /her to pray for the group participants during the week
6. Invite him/her to arrive early to group and pray with you and your co-leader
7. Ask him/her to gather a CR bulletins from your general meeting each week and bring to Step Study Group and as needed Sponsor/Ministry Opportunities Pamphlets'
An Apprentice should not be asked to lead the group meeting. Apprentices must focus his/her recovery work. In addition, Apprentices do not yet meet the requirements to lead nor has he/she been trained to lead a group.
HOW DO I DEVELOPE AN APPRENTICE?
1. Invite him/her to attend Testimony Writing Workshop
2. Invite him/her to attend Sponsor Training
3. Invite him/her to a CR Leaders Meeting
4. Encourage Church attendance and to join a home group Bible Study
Tina Davis, National Training Coach